FEATURES: UI improvements for QBO integration, import Shopify order type to sale additional attribute field, acknowledge Walmart orders from Cin7 Core, and more!
Feature 1: Quickbooks Online – UI improvements for integration settings
We have made some UI improvements to the integration settings, separating sync options, general, and advanced settings. This does not affect any setting functionality.
Feature 2: Import Shopify order type to sale additional attribute field
Shopify integration, Sales module
Previously to this release, all Shopify orders downloaded to Cin7 Core looked alike, and there was no way to identify if an order was from online, POS or B2B, etc. With this release, Cin7 Core can pull the order type or source name from the order, letting our customers download this information to the additional attribute set assigned to the sale process. This feature will allow customers to use the attributes to filter reports.
- Active Shopify integration
- Assign a Default attribute set to Sales process customization (Settings → General Settings)
- Additional attribute set requires one empty field of type Text to store order type pulled from Shopify. We recommend naming the field an easily identifiable name.
- Only applicable when No Consolidation is selected for orders.
- From Cin7 Core, go to Integrations → Shopify and select the Setup tab.
- In Account and cash settings, scroll to Import Shopify order type to and select a field from the dropdown menu. This menu will show all fields of the Default attribute set assigned to your sales in text process customization (Settings → General Settings). We recommend text type for the field but this is not strictly validated.
- Sale order type in Shopify will be pulled during synchronization and stored in this field, displayed as plain text.
- Selecting Do not import instead of an attribute field will result in no order type being imported from Shopify.
- If the attribute set is changed, this field will need to be remapped. If remapping does not take place and no suitable attribute set field is chosen, no order types will be imported.
- Imported sale order type can be displayed in sale reports (Sale Order Details, etc.). If this field is not visible, users should click the Configure Layout and add required fields to the report area.
Shopify – Import sale order type from Shopify
Feature 3: Acknowledge Walmart orders from Cin7 Core
Orders created in Walmart must be acknowledged so that they can be processed. Walmart requires a seller to acknowledge orders within four hours of receipt of the order, except in extenuating circumstances.
Previously to this release, our users would need to log in to Walmart frequently to acknowledge orders. Acknowledged orders would be loaded into Cin7 Core (unless the settings are configured to load fully shipped sales only). When orders are acknowledged on a later date than the date placed, the orders would not load automatically into Cin7 Core and would have to be manually loaded instead.
This new enhancement will require Cin7 Core to capture created orders from Walmart, before they are acknowledged. These captured orders will have status “Not acknowledged” and can be acknowledged in Walmart directly from Cin7 Core.
- Walmart integration
- Load from Walmart setting must be set to All paid sales
- Users will need the permission to edit the description and short description
- When Load from Walmart setting is All paid sales, all created sales in Walmart are captured and loaded to Cin7 Core, displayed in the Log.
- Orders captured without acknowledgement will have the status Not acknowledged and will not be processed yet. Orders captured without acknowledgement will be processed in Core according to the existing workflow.
- A new button is now visible on lines with Not acknowledged status which can be pressed to acknowledge the order in Walmart.
- Once the order is acknowledged in Walmart, the order is processed to Cin7 Core.
Walmart integration – Acknowledge orders