A warehouse management system (WMS) organizes stock receiving and storage, order picking, and shipping in a single location or across multiple warehouses. Sophisticated WMS solutions can either support company managed warehouses or integrate with third-party logistics (3PL) providers that manage warehouses and fulfillment operations on a customer’s behalf.
Warehouse management operations are complex and require attention to detail to keep business operations running smoothly. Of the many responsibilities warehouse managers undertake, here is a list of tasks that a WMS system can automate:
- Managing and optimizing warehouse space,
- Accurately calculating inventory,
- Scheduling deliveries and purchase orders,
- Managing fluctuations in product demand,
- Managing return orders and damaged goods.
Read the full blog on the topic of warehouse management systems to discover what the future of warehouse management technology looks like.