Castlegate EDI Compliance
Benefits of built-in direct EDI with Castlegate
Cin7 is an EDI value added network (VAN), eliminating the need for third party software. Below are the key benefits of build-in direct EDI with Castlegate:
- One system to trade with EDI retailers.
- Reduced data entry & mistakes, not having to go through third-party EDI web forms.
- Direct means purpose built, allowing full control of how Cin7 interacts based on events.
- Streamlining and automation of processes through greater flexibility.
- Reliability going direct and not via a third-party.
How we integrate with Castlegate
To trade with Castlegate, you need to conform to x12 EDI standards. Cin7 is fully compliant and integrate the below:
- 850 Purchase Order – Cin7 translates Castlegate purchase orders as individual sale orders in Cin7.
- 810 Invoice – Cin7 generated invoice to Castlegate for items dispatched to Castlegate.
- 997 Functional acknowledgements – Cin7 confirmation to Castlegate of receiving purchase order and Castlegate confirmation of ASN sent by Cin7.
Why should inventory and EDI be connected?
Cin7 helps retailers and wholesalers make their complex omnichannel, omni-fulfilment and multinational business simple by providing an all-in-one cloud Inventory, POS, EDI and 3PL solution.
The key benefits of having an inventory solution and EDI under one system include:
- Greater stock visibility as Castlegate orders automatically come into Cin7, reducing stock availability.
- Cin7 warehouse management means stock is removed straight away to avoid overselling.
- Create purchase orders directly based on EDI orders.