Cross Docks 3PL Integration
Benefits of built-in direct 3PL with Cross Docks
Cin7 offers direct integration with Cross Docks (www.crossdocks.com.au), a third-party logistics provider in Australia. Below are the key benefits of build-in direct 3PL with Cross Docks:
- Reduced data entry & mistakes, not having to manually enter send orders to the 3PL.
- Direct means purpose built, allowing full control of how Cin7 interacts based on events.
- Streamlining and automation of processes through greater flexibility.
- Greater transparency being directly connected, from an order or stock status perspective.
How we integrate with Cross Docks
Cin7 integrates in the following way with Cross Docks:
- Sale Orders – Sales orders to be fulfilled by 3PL.
- Pick Notifications – A summary of what was actually picked per order.
- Purchase Orders – Purchase orders to be stored by the 3PL.
- Inwards Notifications – A summary of what was actually receipted per PO
- Auto back-ordering – If picking quantity is less than order quantity, a back-order is created in Cin7.
- SSCC Labels (EDI) – Cin7 sends 3PL SSCC labels to attach to EDI orders.
Why should inventory and 3PL’s be connected?
Cin7 helps retailers and wholesalers make their complex omnichannel, omni-fulfilment and multinational business simple by providing an all-in-one cloud Inventory, POS, EDI and 3PL solution.
The key benefits of having an inventory solution and 3PLs connected include:
- Greater stock visibility at the 3PL branch.
- Stock accuracy, as all orders need to be processed through an inventory solution irrespective of how they are fulfilled.
- Create purchase orders and send them directly to the 3PL.
“After an exhaustive search we decided to go with Cin7 given it was the best out of the box system that could meet all our needs”
– Andrew Boag, Model Behaviour Group