UNFI EDI Compliance & EDI Services
UNFI is United Natural Foods, Incorporated a natural, organic and specialty foods distributor to retailers in the US and Canada. The company is the primary distributor to Whole Foods, providing fresh, frozen, bulk, health and beauty products.
How Cin7 Integrates with UNFI
Before you begin trading with UNFI, you must be ready to send and receive transaction documents electronically, conforming to the company’s x12 EDI standards. Cin7 is fully compliant to send and/or receive the following transaction documents:
- 850 Purchase Order—Cin7 translates UNFI Purchase Orders as individual Sales Orders in Cin7.
- 856 Advance Shipping Notice—Cin7 translates ASNs into EDI format and lets UNFI know when to expect delivery of an order.
- 810 Invoice—Cin7 sends Unfi Invoices for items dispatched.
- 997 Functional Acknowledgements—Send and receive confirmation of received messages.
- 846 Inventory Feed—Cin7 sends Unfi an inventory feed of all products traded with UNFI to ensure products are not oversold.
Why should inventory and EDI be connected?
Cin7 simplifies complex omnichannel, omni-fulfillment and multinational businesses with an all-in-one cloud inventory, POS, EDI and 3PL solution.
The key benefits to integrating inventory with EDI in a single system include:
- Greater stock visibility as orders automatically come into Cin7 and decrease available inventory.
- Efficient order processing that removes stock right away, preventing overselling.
- Fast order dispatch via Cin7’s warehouse and 3PL integrations.
- Precise order processing. Cin7 creates your Purchase Orders directly from your retailer’s EDI orders.
If you would like to know more, register for our Free Trial today.