The Army and Air Force Exchange Service has been the retailer for America’s armed forces since 1895. Popularly known as The Exchange, AAFES brings quality goods and services at competitive prices through more than 3,100 retail locations worldwide and its online store.
Cin7’s Direct EDI integration gets you trading quickly and cost-effectively with AAFES while reducing data entry administration and errors and streamlining and automating your supply chain.
How we integrate with AAFES
To trade with AAFES a supplier must be ready to send and receive transaction documents electronically, conforming to the company’s x12 EDI standards. Cin7 is fully compliant to send and/or receive the following transaction documents:
- 850 Purchase Order—Cin7 translates AAFES Purchase Orders as individual Sales Orders in Cin7.
- 855 Order Response—Cin7 sends AAFES a confirmation whether Purchase Order is fully accepted or rejected.
- 856 Advance Shipping Notice—Cin7 translates ASNs into EDI format and sends notice to let AAFES know when to expect delivery of an order
- 810 Invoice—Cin7 sends AAFES Invoices for items dispatched.
- 997 Functional Acknowledgements—Send and receive functional acknowledgements to confirm receipt of messages.
- 846 Inventory Feed—Cin7 sends AAFES an inventory feed of all products traded with AAFES to ensure products are not oversold.
Why should inventory and EDI be connected?
Cin7 simplifies complex omnichannel, Omni-fulfilment and multinational businesses with an all-in-one cloud inventory, POS, EDI and 3PL solution. The key benefits to integrating inventory with EDI in a single system include:
- Greater stock visibility as orders automatically come into Cin7 and decrease available inventory.
- Efficient order processing that removes stock right away, preventing overselling.
- Fast order dispatch via Cin7’s warehouse and 3PL integrations.
- Precise order processing. Cin7 creates your Purchase Orders directly from your retailer’s EDI orders.
If you would like to know more, register for our Free Trial today.