The European Union passed legislation in 1995 to protect its citizens’ personal information. The scope of that law will soon expand to apply to any company that collects information about EU citizens. With the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) going into effect on May 25, we’ve taken steps to ensure Cin7 complies with the EU’s updated privacy regulations.
Cin7 Does Its Part for GDPR Compliance
The GDPR will apply to any business that collects data on EU citizens. That means any company, any where, if they collect virtually any information about EU citizens. Essentially, that means you if you sell to customers in the EU.
We have taken steps to ensure that use of Cin7 complies with the new regulation. However, we highly recommend you consult an attorney to determine what other courses of action you should take to be compliant.
Cin7’s GDPR Compliance
We have worked hard to ensure that customer use of Cin7 will be in GDPR compliance before it goes into effect on May 25. Here are the steps we’ve taken so far:
- Ensure that Cin7 has put the appropriate terms and conditions in place.
- Provided tools to assist with compliance.
- Upgraded Cin7’s security infrastructure.
- Ongoing monitoring of privacy and regulatory bodies to keep abreast of changes related to the implementation of the legislation.
- Added subject matter expertise in our support team to assist with any questions or concerns.
Cin7’s GDPR Webpage
We’ve created a web page to address GDPR issues as they arise. Cin7 will review and update the page regularly with more resources to help you understand and meet your obligations.
Start a FREE Trial