This is it: the final Cin7 feature update of 2017. We have many new things in store for the new year and we can’t wait to share them with you. In 2018, expect to see more automation built into Cin7, refined user-experience, new dashboards and more.
Recent Upgrades, Fixes and Other Developments
In this upgrade and feature update, you’ll notice we’ve made significant improvements to our eCommerce and marketplace integrations. Generally speaking, these upgrades make it easier for you to manage stock and ordering when selling online.
- Auto Dispatch Batch Items as FIFO Items. Products stored as batch items can now be dispatched in FIFO for eCommerce orders. In other words, Cin7 will auto dispatch products with batch numbers, oldest first. This can be switched on at the branch level in the CRM module. (November 23, 2017)
- Secondary Contact Bug. Fixed a bug that prevented users from saving secondary contact delivery details. (November 9, 2017)
- Auto Order Status (All Cin7 V2 Integrations). Cin7 has removed yet one more manual process in our eCommerce and Marketplace integrations. You can now use the Scheduler for V2 integrations to check and update the order status every seven minutes. Formally, you had to manually use the Sales Order Review Screen to trigger an Order Status update. (November 29, 2017)
- Link Cin7 Branch to Warehouse (Joor). Link stock updates for Cin7 branches to a specific Warehouse listed in Joor. Enter the Warehouse Name from Joor in the box next to the corresponding Branch in Cin7. You can map multiple branches to the same warehouse and the stock will be summed. Learn more. (November 23, 2017)
- eBay: Maximum Calls-Per-Day. Cin7 completed eBay’s Compatibility Application Check, thus raising your maximum API calls-per-day limit from 5,000 to 1.5 million calls-per-day. With the compatibility check, you will no longer encounter errors due to API call max-outs. (November 23, 2017)
- Match UOMs with Cin7 (Shopify). It is now possible to map UOMs between Shopify and Cin7 as long as the codes exist in both systems. Note that it is not possible to upload or download UOMs. (December 2, 2017).
- Syncing Gift Vouchers (Magento v2). When downloading an order from Magento, if the coupon code matches a gift voucher in Cin7, the gift voucher will be marked as redeemed. If a balance remains, Cin7 automatically creates a new one representing the difference in value. (December 5, 2017)
- Apply Gift Vouchers (Magento 2x). For Magento 2.x you can now have any gift vouchers applied to Magento orders diminish the matching gift voucher stored in Cin7. Note that to update any remaining amounts back to Magento you will need to use our API Gift Voucher endpoint. 3PL Order Status Bug. Fixed an issue in which the 3PL status of orders reset after a manual update. (November 23, 2017)
- Update Pricing (Magento 1x). You can now update pricing for products using our upgraded Magento integration. See Updating Prices in Magento. (December 7, 2017)
- Add WET Tax. Australian businesses can now add the Wine Equalization Tax (WET) on retail sales made through the POS. (November 23, 2017)
- Product Search Bug. Fixed some product searching issues in the POS. (November 23, 2017)
- Alternative Units of Measure. We’ve made it compulsory to add an Option 1 name for alternative units of measure, to keep everything running smoothly. (November 28, 2017)
- Foreign Currency Conversion Bug. Fixed an issue where conversions to foreign currencies weren’t calculating correctly. (November 22, 2017)
- Date Filter Bug. Fixed the date filter on the Stock Aging report. (December 7, 2017)
- Stock on Hand Dispatch Bug. Fixed an issue that would allow the Completed Sales Made Without Stock report to dispatch stock when not all sized items had SOH. (December 7, 2017)
- Export SSCC Codes. We added the ability to export SSCC codes in the Sales Order export. (December 7, 2017)
- Increased Maximum Backorders. Some customers make lots of backorders, so we extended the max number of backorders from 26 to over 700. (November 23, 2017)
- Transaction/Credit Approval Bug. Fixed an issue that caused copied transactions or credits created from sales to save as drafts first time around. These can now be approved directly. (November 22, 2017)
- Holding Stock. Cin7 will now automatically put an order item into a Holding Group if you’ve put that item into a stage that ends with “holding”. (December 7, 2017)
- Autocomplete Bug. Fixed an autocomplete problem in the Branch field in the Track Stock Movements feature. (November 23, 2017)
- Gift Voucher Expiration Time Zones. Gift Vouchers now expire at the end of the day regardless of the timezone. (December 7, 2017).
- Main Settings Makeover. We’ve given the main settings menu some polish. The settings themselves remain unchanged and the usual functions can be found underneath the relevant headers. (November 28, 2017)
- Non-Stock Items. We now highlight non-stock items in the transaction line item grid. (November 23, 2017)
- Chrome Browser Scrollbar Bug. Fixed an issue that caused scrollbars to appear for certain fields when zoomed out in Chrome, making them difficult to fill in. (November 22, 2017)
Start a FREE Trial